She understands the subject; she just doesn’t know how to answer it in the exam
He lacks confidence when it comes to exams and that is where he needs that boost
Why does a child need a tutor?
There is no one simple answer to this question, the reasons are varied.
Tuition, in essence is intervention; it is additional help, support and guidance that can come into play at any time in a child’s school life.
Your child may need tuition for a variety of different reasons but in our experience here are the most common reasons based upon years of conversations with concerned parents:
- My son/daughter hates English/Maths and I am really worried she is falling behind in class.
- My son/daughter’s teacher has been off for ages and they have had a series of supply teachers and don’t seem to be learning anything, I am worried they will not pass at GCSE.
- My child really struggles with English/Maths they are really hard working but need help and exam practice I am worried that I can’t help.
- My child goes to pieces in exams.
- I have just been to parents’ evening and my son/daughter is underperforming and at this rate won’t get their predicted grade.
- I am worried about spelling, punctuation, basic numeracy.
- I as a parent know something is not right!
Whatever the reason the underlying factor is that as a parent you feel something is not right and you are worried. That is the common denominator as to why parents seek help. At Conexus Tuition, as parents and tutors we understand that all too well.